- Image file names - make sure there are no spaces or punctuation in image file names and try to keep the name short.
Bad File Name: Artemis Agarx Immune Support Dry Dog Food.jpg
Good File Name: ART_ag_imm_supp.jpg
- Image size - the image handler in the shopping cart resizes your images for you, so no need to worry about file sizes. Of course, if your file is really large, it could take longer to upload.
- Image Dimensions - The images will display better if they are more square than rectangular. When saving images on your computer, don't crop them to be much taller than wide, or vice versa.
- Adding images to a product (you can add multiple images to each product)
- Image Handler eliminates the need to resize images in a graphics program.
- after adding your product to the catalog, go to Tools --> Image Handler
- Select the product category from the drop down menu
- Select the name of the product to work with and click the 'display' button
- On the right, click the 'New File' button
- You may enter a suffix if you wish. This adds something to the end of the image file name. This can help with image file organization when you have a lot of products, but it's not required.
- Under 'Default Image File', click the 'browse' button to select your image from your hard drive.
- Don't bother with the medium and large images, this is only for those users who are experienced with image editing.