Log into your admin
- Add a category to your catalog
- Go to ‘Catalog’-->'Categories/Products’
- Click the ‘New Category’ button.
- Enter a name for the category
- The description is optional. You can create detailed descriptions with all the same formatting and styles as a Microsoft Word document (bold, italics, font styles, colors, tables, images, etc.) See ‘FCK_Editor’ in your instructions package.
- Select and upload an image for the category. The category image should be something small, like a thumbnail image, usually a sample product that will be included in this category. Category image sizes are set under ‘Configuration’-->’Images’-->’Category Icon’ (for the main categories), ‘Sub-Category’ for subcategories.
- Set the sort order for this category. If no sort order is entered, categories will be displayed alphabetically.
- Click ‘Save’.
- You can enter unlimited categories and subcategories.
- It is recommended that you do not enter products and subcategories at the same level as this makes those subcategories hard to find for the customers. If a category has subcategories, all products in the category should be within a subcategory.
- Manufacturers is set up the same way as Categories under ‘Manufacturers'.