Adding Content Pages
To add new content pages, use the ‘EZ Pages’ module. In your admin, go to ‘Tools’, then ‘EZ-Pages’.
- Click ‘New File’
- Enter the page title
- To make this page easier for people to find through your on-site search feature and through search engines like Google & Yahoo, make sure your page title is relevant to the page topic and that it’s simple, direct & to the point. If your page is about Air Conditioning repair, then a title like, “Air Conditioning Repair” is far better than “Freon Flow Forever!”.
- Set ‘Open New Window Status’.
- Select ‘Yes’ to make this page open in a new browser window when visitors click a link to it. This can be useful for sub-topic pages where you want the main topic page to stay open while they read this one.
- Most of time, just select ‘No’.
- Set SSL status.
- This determines if the page is on a secure server. You’ll only need this if you’re creating forms that people would use to enter sensitive information.
- You must have a secure certificate setup for this to work. You’ll know if you do because you will have paid for it.
- Set the locations where the links to this page will be displayed.
- Most sites use a layout that works best when the links are only displayed in Sideboxes.
- To get the link to appear in the Header, Sidebox or Footer, you must enter a number other than zero in the ‘Order:’ field. This determines the sort order for this page; it’s position in relation to the other pages in the list of links.
- You may also assign a chapter number and a sort order for the TOC (Table of Contents).
- Enter your page content (HTML content).
- See the instructions for FCK editor for specifics on using the editor.
- Internal and External link URLs
You really shouldn’t need this, but the admin tells you more details under the fields for these options.